Caring for Equipment Can Save Money on Energy Bills
The utilities of your facility are always an important factor to consider when it comes to efficiency and saving money. To better inform the organizations that GuideOne serves, the Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company has offered great insight in the following article on ways your church can reduce energy costs this year.
Congregations that understand their energy consumption are better equipped to improve upon its efficiency.
- Improving energy efficiency can provide an estimated savings of 25 percent, as well as:
- Save money that can be redirected to the basic faith-based mission;
- Extend the useful lifespan of the worship facility and its equipment;
- Conserve natural resources for future generations;
- Improve the overall comfort and appearance of the worship space; and
- Increase security and safety.
Did you know energy consumption amounts to about 40 percent of the average building’s operating expense? Your facility is no exception.
With rising energy demands and costs, improving energy efficiency seems like an obvious course of action. But where do you start?
You can read the complete article here .
For questions about insurance for churches and other religious organizations and nonprofits call 800-767-8681or contact our office.
California Church Insurance Services, Inc.