Commercial Auto Insurance

Commercial Auto Insurance Information

Commercial Auto Insurance For Religious Organizations

As the manager of a religious organization or non-profit you need the same kinds of insurance coverages for the car you use for your organization as you do for a car used for personal travel -- liability, collision and comprehensive, medical payments (known as personal injury protection in some states) and coverage for uninsured motorists. In fact, many members of these organizations — as well as schools and senior living centers — use the same vehicle for both organizational operations and pleasure. If the vehicle is owned by the organization, make sure its name appears on the policy as the "principal insured" rather than your name. This will avoid possible confusion in the event that you need to file a claim or a claim is filed against you.

Whether you need to buy a commercial auto insurance policy will depend on the kind of driving you do. A good insurance agent will ask you many details about how you use vehicles in your daily operations, who will be driving these vehicle and whether employees, if you have them, are likely to be driving their own cars for your organization.

While the major coverages are the same, a commercial auto policy differs from a personal auto policy in many technical respects. Ask your insurance agent to explain all the differences and options.

blog iconRelated Articles

The Hartford
CNA Surety
© Copyright 2018. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder